I can still remember the feeling when my career clicked for the first time.
I was 17 and, like most teenagers, struggling to choose a career direction. Torn between art college (teachers) and business (my father), the future was a fog… when I came across a book. The book was on Psychology… and it opened up a whole new world. The more I read, the more things made sense; people made sense. I was completely hooked – and still am.
That book led me to university and a Psychology degree… and then to HR, where I could apply that knowledge practically and help people in their work.
All up, I spent over 10 years recruiting, training and advising a huge variety of people, across different sectors, fields and countries. Learning all the ins and outs of employment, I worked on some great initiatives and made life-long friends.
All of this has prepared me for my role as a career coach. I’ve helped people with their careers for most of my own, and know first-hand how important work is to our lives – and our wellbeing. I use psychology every day – helping clients to know themselves better, and make better career choices – and from HR, I can give people real-world employment advice. As an experienced recruiter, I also help people nail that interview!
The best bit by far, is supporting someone at a critical point in their life – helping others find their path and sharing that moment of insight.
Having transitioned many times, I know exactly how daunting change can be. My role is to support you through that process, providing:
- Professional, up-to-date and real-world advice
- Customised sessions, focused on your situation and your needs
- A friendly, supportive space where you can explore your options
I don’t tell you what to do – I partner with you, to help you find your way and achieve your goals…
- 13 + years in careers & employment
- MA (Hons) Psychology
- Postgrad Diploma HR Management
- Cert IV Workplace & Business Coaching
- Cert IV Training & Assessment
- Grad Cert Career Development
- Professional member: Career Development Association of Australia
- Professional member: Australian Human Resources Institute
- Member: National Association of Graduate Careers Advisory Services
- Member: International Coach Federation
- Member: APS Coaching Psychology Interest Group